Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hamburger Stew, Mama's Way

When we have a "cold snap" as we sometimes do in Florida, it puts me in the mood to make soup and stew. I love me some soups and stews! One stew I particularly recall is my Mama's hamburger stew.This is one of the easiest recipes I know!! And SO DELICIOUS and filling!

Before she passed away, she wrote down tons of recipes on index cards and laminated the cards so my sister-in-law and I would have them. I have a box full and my sister-in-law has a box full. It's on the list of things to grab if my house ever catches on fire!

The best part about this stew is that the recipe is in Mama's handwriting. It just doesn't get any better than that.

~CB~

2 comments:

  1. Well, girl, I can't read it!!! I need that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's special...and a piece of her pound cake to boot would have topped that meal off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!