Friday, May 28, 2010

W-W-Watermelon

It's that time of year again when I see buses coming and going in front of the house--and one of these beauties comes home with the hubby.....
We started loading this week (praise the Lord!), and the boys always eat the first one from the field! It's a tradition. And you know how I feel about tradition. You don't mess with tradition. Cecil took the boys out on our back porch and they cut open the melon........


And let the eating commence!!!!!!!!!!




Happy Watermelon Season!

~CB~

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like a really good one! Enjoy and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watermelon season it's my favorite season. Charlee said it wasn't fair that the Johnsons lived by Meme and Papa because they got to eat all the melons they wanted ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! Nothing like eating watermelon in one hand and a knife in the other. ha Your boys are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics...and I LOVE this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a child, it always felt like summer when you cut into that first watermelon of the season. It was a pleasure meeting you in person the other day. I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM...we have been eating the mess out of watermelon this weekend! I love Carter with his socks on too cute! I do believe Cecil is giving you the stink eye and thinking in his head...this picture better not go on your blog...haha! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tradition, Charon! Looks like fun. I could live off watermelon and seafood! I have to ask, is Nolan cutting into that big ol pretty melon with a pumpkin carving knife? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! How cool of a tradition!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!