Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

We've had a busy few days and an extremely busy weekend! Friday night was Trick-or-Treat, Saturday was the Florida-Georgia football game, and Sunday was church and then a birthday party that afternoon! Whew! I'm worn out just typing that! Give me a few days to get caught up and I'll post our FL/GA pictures from the tailgate/game!

Friday afternoon we made plans to do a small hayride with some close friends so the kids could go trick-or-treating. I LOVE that so many families pile in together and hayride their kids around "town" to trick-or-treat. It's a blast! No matter what street you're on, you will see someone you know and it's like a homecoming every time you do! Everyone waves, says hi, proclaims at how cute all the kids are...all while moving down the road in a trailer or 4-wheeler or golf cart, etc.! I LOVE IT!

Here's our friend Brad getting the Gator ready for us! Look closely. You'll see my hubby behind the Gator. In case you're worried, never fear--these guys are farmers and ranchers and do this sort of thing every day! ha! Let me also point out that myself, Brad's wife, Shannon, and the rest of the kids were far away. Far, far away. ha-ha-ha-ha

Getting loaded up....

My two boys loaded up on the hay trailer. Nolan is less than thrilled about having his picture made at this point. I had a Bumblebee Transformer thingy and Peter Pan.

All the children (and adults) loaded up and ready to go!A few trick-or-treat houses.....
Before y'all go thinking my boy has no manners, the lady in pink is my best friend. That's why she's letting Carter pick out what he wanted. God love him, it took him 952 years to pick out what he wanted from that bowl on her lap, ha-ha.

People's houses were decorated so cute and some scary, but the FUNNIEST house we went to, had this in their yard!
There were lots of smiles from our trick-or-treaters, and lots of candy too!


A few hours later, we were done loading up on candy!

Hope your Halloween was just as fun!

~CB~

6 comments:

  1. That hayride trick or treat looks right up my boys' alley! We may have to come to Williston & load up next year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am falling out over that one scarecrow flashing his buns. Hysterical! I love that y'all get together and do a big hayride for trick-or-treating. I will have to remember that for next year. (The boys scored some serious candy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a hayride to go trick or treating. Sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that ya'll can hayride around town and trick-or-treat. So fun! And what's Halloween without a little pumpkin crack, right?!?! ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hayride thing!!! The boys ---- aw so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!