Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Cake to Decorate

I do a little cake baking and decorating on the side, and was asked a few weeks ago by a family I know to make a birthday cake for a grandmother's surprise party.

I'll be the first to tell you that I don't tend to be creative when it comes to decorating cakes (mostly because I'm scared I'll mess something up) but this particular family didn't care what design I put on it.  That meant (gulp), that I had to come up with something on my own.

I chose to put some brightly colored flowers on the cake, thinking that was rather "grandmotherly".  HA!  And, if I say so myself, I think it turned out pretty good!
I had to freehand all the flowers, but they weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be!

It's certainly not perfect, but the good thing is--I don't claim to be!  I received several compliments on the cake and the best part is that it tasted great!


~CB~

1 comment:

  1. Charon, I had no idea you decorated cakes! You are a brave woman :) Making cupcakes for Allie Claire's birthday is about as big as I'll go and let's be honest, they are not much to write home about!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!