Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend and Growing Up on a Farm

Whew!  I've been swamped y'all !  I haven't had one single minute to sit down and blog (or do anything else for that matter!).  It's been something every.single.night. for weeks.  Some days I feel as though I'm on the verge of a breakdown!  Between homework, Cecil being gone a lot for peanuts, and just other things like dinner, laundry, cleaning, etc. I just don't have time for anything.

Our weekend was another busy one!  Because a friend of mine (ours) was hostessing a bridal shower for Cecil's cousin at my house, I needed to clean clean clean!  Instead of going to the Gator game Saturday, I stayed home and fixed up the house and caught up on a few things.

We had the shower Sunday afternoon (yesterday) and it was so nice.  Jennifer got so many nice things and we are thrilled to be a part of her upcoming wedding!  She's getting married in November.  Cecil is in the wedding (they are very close), and my boys are also in the wedding.  We tried on suits tonight and I'm happy to report they all FIT ! YAY!  We don't have to buy suits.  Carter's is ALMOST too small so we are praying he doesn't grow between now and then! 

Speaking of the boys and growing, it's official - Nolan is half-grown.  Cecil had to rake, fluff, and bale some hay this past week and needed help!  I was busy or had to go somewhere so the boys had to be with Cecil in the hay field.  He put Nolan to work on the tractor!  Look at my boy half-grown driving this equipment all by himself!


 Of course, he had strict instructions to stay on the tractor!  DO NOT GET OFF.  Even if he hit something, he was to stay on that tractor!  This is what growing up on a farm looks like!

I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was busy but good!  I am hoping to post my kitchen cabinet clean out sometime this week!

~CB~

2 comments:

  1. Love this... Teach them young!!! I almost had heart attack first time Kelsey drove a tractor. :) kellee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a little farmer on your hands ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!