Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Cleaning, Cake Decorating, and Bridal Luncheons!

No, the three things don't go together. I know. BUT, it beats trying to post three entries to my blog!

I usually try to stay somewhat organized, but when it's SPRING, I try to do a few projects around the house. This spring, my goals are to clean out my pantry and bakers pantry, dresser drawers (hello--I can't even fit into half my clothes), kids clothes and "junk", my kitchen, my bathroom cabinets, and the shed (that's really if I get some serious time on my hands, which is NOT likely!) More pictures to follow for organization projects, but here's the "new" pantry! It's not perfect, but it's a good start.


In one of my previous posts, I said that I was a self-taught cake decorator and someone emailed me from that and asked what other types of cakes I had done. I've done a camo cake, dinosaur, treasure chest, snake, peace cake, tiki man, monkey, John Deere, little girl polka dot cupcakes, and probably one of my favorites, a 3-tier polka dot bright colored cake! Here's a few pics!














Speaking of spring....aren't these flowers gorgeous?!?! I hostessed a Bridal Luncheon at my house this past weekend, with a few other girlfriends, and I whipped up these flower arrangements for the tables--it's azaleas! Someone commented to me that they had never thought to cut azaleas and put them in a vase, but let me tell you, these were GORGEOUS! I added some green/clear/white decorative flat marbles to the bottom of one of the vases and everyone thought it was too cute!


Then, I cut some of the azaleas off at the base of the flower and put them in my green depression glass dessert dishes and came up with........sorry the picture is a little blurry, but you get the idea.....



Alright, I figure this long post makes up for at least a whole week, so maybe one of my spring goals should be to post more often? Oh wait....that takes time.....LOL

HAPPY SPRING!

1 comment:

  1. I love the azaleas! The blooming azaleas and dogwoods are making me so ready for spring, if only it would stay warm...Also, your cleaning and organizing is making me feel convicted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!