Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let Freedom Ring! (Part I)

Happy 4th of July y'all! We had a great weekend! This is Part I in a three-part series, so settle in, get a snack, and start readin'. I'll have to post the rest of the series this week, cause I leave for the beach on Saturday and I'll have beach stuff to post when I get home in a few weeks.

On Friday, my brother hosted an awesome Fourth of July party! He hosts this party every year and has the BEST fireworks EVER! Lots and lots of people that he works with come to the party, and some people that my sister-in-law work with come to the party....in between all those people are the brothers, sisters, and friends that they have too. Everyone just kind of sits around, relaxes, swims, plays horseshoes, cooks, eats, chit-chats, and general "fourth of july" shenanigans.

(me and my brother)

The guys had fun playing horseshoes and launching water balloons....don't ask. Yes, they tried to hit the cars that were going by on the road. Merciful heavens, do guys EVER grow up? Clearly not.

There was TONS of food--here's the beer in the rear chicken we had. If you've never had this delicacy, you should try it. Really. Yes. I was scared too. Trust me. It's GOOD. Very very moist and holds flavor really well. Yes. The alcohol cooks out of it.


Here's the "great grilling guru"..his name is Joe F. and he works with my brother! Joe is very down to earth and has a great sense of humor!

After dinner, we just sat around and ate some more...dessert that is. AND....we waited on THIS.......

THE FIREWORKS!! I'm positive you can't tell from this picture how good the fireworks were, but trust me, they were awesome! This picture just sort of looks like a bunch of lightening bugs but really, I promise. The fireworks were the highlight of the evening!

The guys did a really good job of getting the fireworks to go off in series and such. Semi-professionals if you ask me.

A good time was had by all and I can't wait for next year.....stay tuned for Part II in the series....what else could there be you ask? A NASCAR race...that's what!!

~CB~

8 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like such a fun 4th. Mine was just awful!! :)

    I'm just having to tell you this too, because you seem like a gal who would appreciate it, but I just LOVE your hairstyle. I always think it every time I see your photo(s) but I forget to tell you... It's so CUTE!

    Happy End of the 4th weekend.
    Sash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some good fireworks! A LOT of them, at that!!! That picture of the chicken is so funny to me....they look like little soldiers standing up tall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like y'all had fun, too! Mmmm....I love beer in the rear chicken...it's so juicy! :o) Plus, I think all those chicks looks kinda cute all lined up on the grill like they are ready to start dancin' or something. Just like a delicious little chorus line! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog! Looks like ya'll had an awesome fourth! I'm sure those fireworks were amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like y'all had a great 4th! I can't believe all those fireworks! Wow. Have a great time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your comments... I swear I get all excited when I see that your name is in my inbox!! Just thought you should know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, here's a comment just to satisfy your desire to see my name in your inbox lol
    I can't believe how little Jamie looks like he's aged. Seriously! What's his secret cause I need some help in that department girl!
    Also, don't even get me started on NASCAR or the people that attend the racest. Lordy, Lordy, it's worth the price of admission just to sit and people watch! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!