Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A short trip to my favorite place

We left Monday afternoon for one of my most favorite places on earth, Disney!!!  We only stayed for one night, but were able to hit 2 parks—one on Monday evening, and one all day Tuesday.

We would have stayed longer, but a.  it was HOT, b. I have to work all the other days of the week, except Tuesdays, and c. it was HOT.  Did I mention how HOT it was?  Lawsie mercie I do believe I was going to melt.  I have NEVER been to DW in August and let me just say here and now, I’m not sure I ever will again.  The boys did good and the hubs and I did fine, but mercy it was hot.

We went because I am trying to do a few fun-type things with the kids before school starts next week and I thought they would enjoy being surprised with a trip to the most magical place on earth.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Inn was our hotel of choice this time around.  I got an AWESOME passholder rate on the room and couldn’t resist!
dw 007 dw 008

Cecil’s cousin Jennifer, and her BF, Matthew, met us at Animal Kingdom on Monday evening so Jennifer could spend some time with us (she moved to Orlando a few weeks ago).dw 002

~Cousins~

dw 003

We had a great time that night and saw some cool animals……

dw 004

dw 005

A few pics. from Animal Kingdom.

dw 001

dw 006

We were all exhausted from a long day at work, farming, and then Disney, so we headed back to the hotel for a quick snack and BED!

LOOK AT THESE HUGE CUPCAKES!

dw 009

dw 010

dw 011

Tuesday morning was Magic Kingdom!!  We all love Magic Kingdom and spent about 1/2 a day there, then headed back HOME! 

dw 012

dw 013

Don’t get me wrong, I love DISNEY, but there is just something about HOME……

~CB~

7 comments:

  1. I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I repeat......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake was not a snack it was a MEAL!! What fun family times Charon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun!!! Looks like you had a blast. Oh I agree with you. It is HOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for sneaking in a little family fun time before school starts! I can't wait to see pictures of the boys all decked out for the first day of school. Who is more excited, you or them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great getaway before school. Wow, those cupcakes are looking pretty good, wish I had one about now he-he. (;

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you bring me a cupcake home?!?! those look amazing. :) What a fun surprise to take the boys to Disney before school starts! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you go to Disney more than some people bathe. lol. Good for you! I'm glad that you had time to sneak away for a little while with the kids and the hubby :) It looks like y'all had a good time. Those cupcakes looked delish, and they didn't look so big until the pic of your boys with them. Wow. They were big! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!