Sunday, October 17, 2010

Eight…..

WAAAYYYY back in September, Becca, from The Texas Darlings invited me to participate in an eight question fun bloggy adventure!  Because I was busier than a one-arm paper hanger at the time (and still am, but I’m making the time to do this now) I didn’t participate, but told her I would at some point.

To answer Becca’s questions, here goes nothing……

1. Where were you born?  and your parents?  what is your ancestry?

I was born in Gainesville, Florida and have lived near there since I was born (there are no hospitals in the town we live in—well, there IS, but you don’t want to go there.  Trust me).  My Mom was born in San Antonio, Texas, and my Dad was born in Suwannee, Florida.

My ancestry is a bit harder for me, because I don’t know much.  My maternal grandmother is 100% Mexican, therefore, I’m 1/4 Mexican.  Annie always teases me when I cook tacos or quesadillas that I’m going back to my roots! HA!  Other sides of the family, I have no idea about.

2. What is your least favorite memory from those awkward high school days?

That’s a tough one.  I’d have to say I don’t really have any least favorite memories….None that I can think of anyhow.

3. Grab your favorite photo you have ever taken.  Tell us why it's your favorite.

It was hard to narrow this down!  I love this picture, and it’s one of my MANY favorites!  The boys are my 2, and the girls are my brother’s……this was taken on our annual family vacation at the beach, and they had NO IDEA this wave was sneaking up on them, but I could see it in my view.  It was PERFECT!  I love the unbridled expression on their faces!

beach2010 129

4. What song instantly picks you up and makes your day go even better?

Hard one.  I don’t know?  I don’t get to listen to music that often……let’s see???  I LOVE “Imagine Me Without You” and I love anything by Lady Antebellum.

5. How did you & your husband meet?  Tell us the love story!

HA!  Hubs and I met in high school (he was one grade ahead of me).  He was a football player, and I was a cheerleader.  Typical “love story”.  We met one day before football/cheer practice and we’ve been together ever since.  I was 15 and he was 16.

6. What is your favorite snack?

If you saw the scale, you’d say I like EVERYTHING.  My favorite snack in high school was Ruffles potato chips, with mustard on them, then dill pickles on top of that.  Yes, I have issues.  ha-ha-ha  Now, my favorite snack is probably Wheat Thins with cheese.

7. What was your first concert?  Tell us what you remember about it!

I have NO IDEA.  Really.  No idea.  Must have been great, huh? 

8. What makes you the happiest?

Being with my family and friends, reading a good book, the BEACH, scrapbooking, sunbathing (shhh..don’t tell my doctor), eating, cooking, photography…….on and on.  I’m learning that the older I get, it’s about simplicity.  I love simple things.

Alright ya’ll.  That’s my EIGHT!  Hope you enjoyed learning more about me!

~CB~

6 comments:

  1. I love that picture, too! The lighting is perfect and so are the expressions! Love it!
    The ruffles and mustard thing? Not weird at all. I've always liked chips (and fries) dipped in mustard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a GREAT picture... magical! Loved reading this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickles, mustard, and chips! Love getting some scoop on you.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chips with mustard and pickles? Now that's different.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture is awesome Charon! Learned some more about you, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruffles with mustard?! Never have I ever, but I might have to try it!! Ha. Also, I had no idea you had Mexican roots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!