Monday, April 19, 2010

it's just MAGICAL.

Annie "got me" today for not posting about my most recent trip to Disney--I took the boys for 3 days over spring break. My wonderful mother-in-law also went with us to help me! Just 2 boys and 2 girls--(the hubby stayed home to do baseball and work on the watermelons).

Y'all know I'm a sucker for all things Disney! This time, we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I really liked it, but think we'll stick with the Riverside, French Quarter, and cabins in the future. (or the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, etc. etc. hahahahahahahahah--like I can really afford those places!)

We arrived at DW on Wednesday afternoon and didn't really want to head into the parks that afternoon, so we decided to go to Downtown Disney and let the kids ride the carousel, choo-choo train, and eat at one of our favorites, Rainforest Cafe!

Later on, I took the tour of the Disney Vacation Club and walked out with $100 in gift cards just for touring! HELLO! Can you say blessing?!?!?!?! AWESOME!

On Thursday, we headed into the Magic Kingdom-and had a blast! I was really nervous that it would be CROWDED, it being spring break and all, but really--it wasn't too bad. You could definitely tell there were lots of people, but we rode everything we wanted to and some things twice all before 12 noon!

After heading back to the resort for some lunch and a nap (Carter still takes a nap)--we were off again to Magic Kingdom where we saw a parade and did a few more rides. That night, we ate at another one of our favorites, Liberty Tree Tavern. It is probably my MOST favorite place to eat in Disney! They have "home-cooking".....just good food! They bring you 3 kinds of meat, veggies, etc. etc. and it is SO GOOD. I like it because I don't feel like I've fed my kids greasy-park-food.....and because it's good. But I said that already. ; )

Friday was spent at Epcot where we rode Soarin' several times, the boats (which my children feel compelled to narrate for the entire crew on board, as if no one else on earth has ever seen a garden with vegetables before).

After Epcot (and lunch of course--you didn't think I would forget to post about food, did you? I didn't get this way by looking at the food! ha!), we headed HOME.

The weather was PERFECT and it was a nice 3-day getaway and I'm so glad I decided to go to the most MAGICAL place on earth during spring break!

~CB~

10 comments:

  1. Too cool that you get to go there quite often!! Glad you had perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! that the boys narrate the boat ride... I bet its hilarious!
    Fun Spring Break trip- glad it wasnt too crowded! I am scared to go back for fear that it will be as crowded as it was at Thanksgiving when we went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Whenever we decide to take Gus to Disney I am contacting you for all of the best places to do everything...eat, sleep, shop. You know it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I am so jealous! I cannot wait to take SidMo to Disney - I don't know who'll enjoy it more, me or her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mother-in-law is QUITE wonderful - and she is looking great, as are you. Give her a big ol' hug for me. I miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great trip to me! I was wonderin' why no one was bloggin'. Everyone has been at Disney World! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, i miss going there!! and i grew up 30 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS!! But I'm so glad y'all had a great time! Ha! :) I can't wait to take our girls there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really neat! I'm glad that the weather was nice and that it wasn't overly busy. It sounds like y'all had a blast. I think I've only been like once!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful trip! I just LOVE Disney!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!