Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Count Your Blessings!

Count Your Blessings name them one by one....many of us are familiar with the old hymn. We don't sing it in the church Cecil and I go to (or at least I've never heard it in the 28 years I've been going there)...maybe one time....anyhow--How many of us REALLY stop to count our blessings?

My list would go on and on and on...The Lord has blessed Cecil and I abundantly! (more than we could think or ask!) One of our truest blessings are our friends! (and our kids, but geez...they get all the posts, so I'm giving this one to our friends!)

I'm not even going to try and name our friends, because inevitably, I'll leave someone out and they will get their feelings hurt (I would too!) so I'll not try!

In the last year or more, we've really become good friends with Travis and Cori W. and Greg and Jill L. Cecil does business with Travis and he and Cori also go to the same church we do. Cori and I get along great since the first time we met and she is just so stinkin' sweet! We get along fabulously and all enjoy going out as much as staying in. On Valentine's Day, Travis helped Cecil work cows and then instead of us all going out to dinner that night, we had scrumptious food right here at my house! And had a blast just chatting! (yes, I know that wasn't a complete sentence, but hopefully my English teachers aren't reading this)

Greg and Jill were introduced to us by Travis and Cori, and they are FUN as well! You'd have thought Cecil and Greg grew up together and I just LOVE Jill--she's so down to earth and I feel like I've known her forever too!

Recently, Travis and Cori got married and Cecil was an usher in the wedding and Greg was a groomsman. I directed the wedding and Jill was my co-director (little did she know she was going to have to help me keep 'em all corralled).

Here's a picture of the bride and groom before the wedding.......


After the wedding and after the bride and groom left, Cecil & I and Greg & Jill went back to the hotel and grabbed some snacks, then sat on the pool deck and chatted for at least an hour or so....just winding down from the day and having a good time!

A picture of us 4 the next morning after breakfast (which was OH so delicious!)


Cecil and I are counting our FRIENDS as one of our blessings! We love you Travis and Cori and Greg and Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!