Monday, April 25, 2011

It's What I Love About Sunday {Easter}

I love EASTER Sunday!  I'm big on tradition, so I love all the new, pretty dresses, Easter baskets, egg hunting, food, and everything else that comes with Easter Sunday.

Believe it or not, I did NOT color coordinate our Easter clothing this year.  I didn't have time to go and shop for items that went together; it happened that the boys and I all had some brown, but poor Cecil was left out in the brown department!  
We had an AMAZING church service yesterday morning.  For the first time since I can ever remember, our choir did not do an Easter cantata; instead, we had Voice of Joy from Norway come and bless us with their wonderful musical talents!  They did an awesome job!  We had a total of 799 (or more) in our Sunday service!  Can you believe that?  Good thing we just built a new church, however, it's already bursting at the seams!

Prior to attending church, the boys woke up to great EASTER baskets!  The "Easter bunny" and I put them together on Saturday night.
Yes, I tend to do a LOT for EASTER baskets!  Each of the boys receive 3 baskets.  Even though this looks like a TON of stuff (and it is), I spent less than $10 each for their baskets!  That includes candy purchases, toys, etc.!  I reuse their baskets from year to year, so I never have a basket expense.  All the candy was cheap or FREE and the toys I put in the baskets were only $1 or less!  The baskets included pool toys, candy, sugar-free hawaiian punch mixes, shampoo, toothbrushes, Gatorade, Peeps, slinkys, and more!  I'll do another post on how I created the baskets.....








I'll say that even though the boys got so much candy and stuff, they didn't hardly eat any of it yesterday.  I'm sure we'll get good and sugared up this week, but for the most part, they were too busy yesterday to stop and eat candy.

We had my cousin, Karen, her husband John and their children Kristen and Kyle over for lunch yesterday afternoon.  Many years, we eat with Cecil's family, but this year, we did our own thing.  We put a ham in the oven before we left for church and oh my--the house was smelling SO GOOD when we got home!  I did the meat, bread, and dessert, and Karen cooked the side dishes and it was all DELICIOUS.  We had a great time just sitting around the table, eating and laughing!

Anyone that knows me knows that I will use any excuse I have to use my good china.  EASTER was no different!  I have started using my china more and more, even sometimes for everyday meals, just because I love it so much and I want to make memories with my boys!  I had the table set all nice and pretty--yes, I realize that I didn't do the flatware properly, but I wanted to use my white linen napkins and if I put the flatware on the placemat, they blended in too well.  And yes, I do have plenty of my stemware to go around, but I don't trust my boys with it; they used the green goblets instead of my stemware.  ; )  The beautiful flowers were from a bridal luncheon that I attended on Saturday and I think they added the perfect touch to the dinner table!





We hope you had a blessed and wonderful EASTER!

~CB~

6 comments:

  1. Your table is beautiful, green goblets & all! Glad to hear your Easter was filled with fun & family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessed day!! We had a great service, too. The kiddos are so cute, and I wish I had been sitting at that table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful family! I love your dress {my two favorite colors}. Can't wait to read about how you put their baskets together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great Easter!!! Love your table and baskets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table and the Easter baskets looked great! Glad you had such a wonderful day filled with lasting memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone looks so happy! Sweet pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!