Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CB Photography

Do you remember dreaming when you were younger about any job on earth you would do if money wasn’t a factor and you didn’t HAVE to have an income?  For as long as I can remember my dream was to set up and stage/style people’s portraits.  I knew that wouldn’t pay the bills right off, so I went to college and got a few degrees. Yes. Multiple.

I LOVE photography.  I’m definitely still learning every single day more and more about it.  I’ve always loved taking pictures of my boys, of course, but now I’m able to start taking pictures of families, babies, seniors, engagements, etc. as a part-time second “job”.  I say “job” because something you LOVE to do isn’t really a job!

I am overwhelmingly blessed and so, so thankful that my business has literally taken off!  I did one session as a favor to a friend and honestly, I haven’t quit since!  I’ve done a senior session, a baby session, family sessions, Christmas card photos, brother/sister session and had FUN doing all of it!  It’s a LOT of work, don’t get me wrong but the end result are beautiful memories for a family!

I’ve included just a few photos from some of my sessions for you to get a sneak peek!

IMG_9491_edited_bw

roberts_IMG_2095_edited_color

roberts_IMG_2195_edited_color

Phillips_386_edited_vignette

phillips_474_edited_60tone

phillips_IMG_2590_color

langworthy_9_edited_bw

IMG_9660_edited

sandlin_566_bw

ssandlin_730_edited_softenmilton_024_edited

whitener_IMG_4248_soften

I’m certainly not perfect and I still make mistakes!  I put everything I have into making people happy and satisfied with the portraits they are commissioning! 

What a blessing it has been to this point!  What a blessing that it’s growing!  In the next two months, I have 6 sessions scheduled!

Here is what I know!  I am happy.  I am content.  I am BLESSED.

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you are able to do what you truly love doing. Love the photos you shared here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Charon. It's such a good feeling to be doing something you love. That's how I feel about working at the newspaper part time.

      Delete
  2. Ok, these are gorgeous!! I am so so proud of you, Charon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!