Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Birthday and Rollin' on the River........

(warning--only slightly long but there are lots of pictures!)

Sunday (June 14th) was my 29th birthday (gulp). To be honest, it's not really that big of a deal....age to me is just a number--you're only as old as you feel, right?

Friday when I got home from work, Cecil asked if I wanted to go to the river (his parents have a house on the Suwannee)...and NO. I really didn't want to go, but I figured we didn't really have any other plans, and I knew he needed a break, so for the sake of keeping peace, I went. eww. yuck. (Read to the tune of Green Eggs and Ham)...I do not like the river. I do not like that water. I am scared of alligators. I will not swim with them. I do not like the smell of yucky mud. I do not like it there. (shudder).....It's just not how I envisioned my birthday weekend. I did survive though. (barely) Everyone else in my family loves the river (and all its yuckiness) but not me. I just don't have it in me....I'm a beach kind of girl.

But.....we got there on Friday night, had a nice time just relaxing and woke up Saturday morning to this (no--not the sound of boats zooming down the river at daylight, although that DID happen).....look at the beautiful day dawning....


It was SO HOT Saturday, so the kids swam in the water up by the dock(s).....check out my little Tarzan here.....



Even Carter got to have fun on the water! He thinks the faster you go on the jet ski, the better!


Here's where I concede and say that we did have a great time! I got to ride and drive the jet ski, lay in the sun and watch my kids swim in the water. It was a nice, hot, Florida, sunny day and the sun couldn't get any better!


Care to guess what my father-in-law is eating here????? One of my favorite things in the world.....
A ROOT BEER FLOAT!!


My mother-in-law and father-in-law cooked a great dinner too! That was the best part! Yum! I love me some steak! EAT MORE BEEF. (it pays my mortgage) Okay. So. I need to confess that I got so excited we were having STEAK that I forgot to take a picture of it. I only took a picture of the salad (of which I did not eat, because I do not like salad) and the corn on the cob (fresh, mind you). See pictures here and on my food blog at www.southernsuppertime.blogspot.com



All in all, it was a nice birthday weekend and a good time was had by all. I suppose I'll have to go to the river again at some point in my life. : )

~CB~

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Happy Birthday!! You and Beth Moore must share a birthday?

    Okay, I don't mind the river but swimming is another thing.. and did you say ALLIGATORS? Oh. Couldn't do it. Wouldn't do it. I'd have sat in the car and just waited the weekend out. lol

    You are a brave soul... I have to pop over and check out the other blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHARON! I cannot believe you dont like to go to the river... I mean I am not big on swimming in it either, although I certainly have, but ANYTHING on the water is awesome to me! Glad you gave in and went and had a great time! :) "Tarzan" and the dog on the tree is too cute.... and the littlest Benton driving the jet ski is too cute, too! I love a jet ski... What a blessing to have access to a river house and such awesome "toys"!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time, nothing more peaceful than the lazy river, and the menu looked & sounded good too! Glad your day was special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had I known you didn't like the Suwannee River before now, I just don't know that we would have been able to be friends! Ha :) I can't believe you don't like it, but anyway, I'm glad you had a fun weekend regardless. Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment yesterday made me laugh so hard... seriously, you thought I was the kind of person who got up at the butt-crack of dawn to write posts and publish by 4:00 AM... Oh have mercy, that is just too funny!!!

    My husband laughed so hard at the comments about my early rising posts. I promised him that I'd set y'all straight.

    And by the way... I do not scrapbook, and I was the room mom for my daughter's class, and someone had the bright idea to put together a "Memory book" for the teacher good bye gift. Lucky me, as the room mom, everyone just handed me their stuff and I had to put it all together... I was literally up until almost midnight AGONIZING over this darn book... I mean I wasn't in tears or anything, but it was close. I bet you if I said this to my husband once that night, I said it thirty times, "Honey, I just have NO idea what the heck I'm doing with this book! I am SOOOO NOT A scrapbooker!!" (I really needed some help/interventions at that point)

    I thought you'd get a kick out of knowing that I've got a scrapbook weakness. :)

    Blessings,
    Sash

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!