Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekly Menu

I like to sit down on Sundays and take stock of what I have in the pantry and freezer then make my menu based on what I have.  Sometimes I do have to run to the store to pick up a few odds and ends, but for the most part I normally have everything I need on hand.

This week, we have a crazy  busy schedule (again) so my menu has quite a bit of chicken on it because it's the easiest thing for me to cook.  {not to mention that I'm on a diet and chicken is pretty easy to eat on a diet}.  I already have the meat I'll need thawing in the fridge too.

Sunday - roast @ my mother in law's house
Monday - Rotisserie chicken w/ vegetables
Tuesday - leftovers?  Or a quick dinner w/ leftover rotisserie chicken like chicken n rice?
Wednesday - Salisbury Steak w/ vegetables and some sort of potato dish (mashed?)
Thursday - Oven Baked Chicken
Friday - Suwannee River Fair (which means we'll have to eat drive through or leftovers)

What's on your menu this week?

2 comments:

  1. I am a meal planner too, even with it just being the two of us on most occasions! This week...it is Mom's choice...as hubby and both girls will be out of town til Thursday! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't laugh, but I actually planned our menu for the week last Sunday afternoon and it was so much easier than I thought it would be! You inspired me to get my act together :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read each and every one and treasure every word!